AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fiat in Canada?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jorn
Posted 11/20/2006 13:28 (#63742 - in reply to #63640)
Subject: RE: Fiat in Canada?

Denmark
CHO

Can only help with the tractor specific question. I have a Fiat F 100 2wd. Must be pretty much the same as F110.
Replaced a Fiat 100-90 which was a very good tractor but had a cab for short people only. The F100 is nice to operate, has a good engine with retrofitted turbo and dynos 130 hp.
Only problem I have experienced was in the electronic controlled 3-point hitch. When it acts up without giving any alarms a guy starts scratching his head. Dealer finally found the problem and replaced the faulty part. You are best off with a model with Bosch electronics which the later models have.
Fiat (Iveco) engines are very good. On the 100-90 model the hydraulic pumps would break down after some 2000 hours but a new one was so low priced you could hardly believe it. Never even thought about repairing, just slip in a new one. Battery rides up front and its surrundings will corrode. That is the same on many tractors though. On my Deere 6900 it ate up the ac/oil radiator. I replace with Optimas or other dry cell batteries and the problem is solved.

All told my F100 is pretty much trouble free. Only thing I miss in it is aircon. It can get real hot to drive on sunny summerdays.

Good luck!

Jorn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)