AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A corn crop finally...................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 10/3/2007 02:21 (#213579 - in reply to #213561)
Subject: RE: A corn crop finally...................

north central Oklahoma
Almost a wildcat but not quite. Not but about 15 miles south of border just west of I-35. It has been a good year here for corn for those that got it in after the freeze, I lost all mine to Easter weekend freeze trying to plant early to beat the summer heat. This was not double crop corn, but could have been. This was replant. Harvest was also protracted here until way on into July, and then for the most part abandoned, and this was the first opportunity I had to replant the same spring corn acres. I maybe could have got it in a bit earlier, but when crop was lost, I chose not to burn down with Assure/Select chems as I initially wanted to go back in with sorghum, and didn't want to wait the 45 days on label. Pulled sweeps to knock out weeds, and the incessant rains made even that a challenge. Some days, one couldn't tell we had been to the field just two days after working ground, rain brought weeds right on through the sweep job. I ended up planting some of this into crapgrass and pigweeds that approached 18-24" tall, burned down two days bofore, with glypos/phenoxy. I'm sure neighbors were scratching their heads as well as highway cruisers (heck I was too) planting into weeds that tall, but we were running out of time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)