AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What a salesman can say to put a customer off PICs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 11/5/2006 22:23 (#58397 - in reply to #58357)
Subject: RE: What a salesman can say to put a customer off PICs One saved me :)

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Back in 79 I needed a new car and wanted an Olds cutlass(loved the styling) with the newly available Diesel 350 engine. Walked into a big town Olds dealership and told the salesman what I wanted. He harrumped and said he did not have one optioned exactly like what I wanted,and that if he did,he would not be able to sell it. I thought that was kind of a dumb statement ,as I was standing there wanting one. I said Ok, lets order one equipped the way I want it and was talking near list price. He made a couple more nasty remarks,than walked away to talk to another prospect. I thought,this is a new experience for me,I stand here wanting to buy a new car,checkbook in hand and Joe slick treats me like I am something a dog dropped and he just stepped in me. I was so turned off by the salesman that I wanted nothing more to do with that dealership or Oldsmobile. I went down the block and bought a new Dodge with a gas engine. I still drive that dependable old Dodge. D@m I am glad I didn't get that Olds diesel. :)

Edited by Jon Hagen 11/5/2006 23:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)