AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long Covid and Lyme disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/19/2023 10:09 (#10235117 - in reply to #10234423)
Subject: RE: Long Covid and Lyme disease

Pittsburg, Kansas

The doctor in the book "chronic" takes a multi prong approach.

Problem is many do not know they have it till the early treatment is already past. Take me for instance. I've had two tick bites in the last couple weeks a couple days apart. One for sure looked like a deer tick to my wife and I, but I'm no expert and not sure. I did not go see a doctor nor get tested. So if I do contract Lyme from it may not know for some time. At least I have not had symptoms yet. Well I guess I did have one day where my whole right leg hurt one day for no particular reason that I can think of.................. but I digress.

And I absolutely HATE to take antibiotics if I don't need them. Antibiotics are not completely benign and without harm to some of our beneficial bacteria. They are life saving when a person really needs them, but over use I believe can be health harmful too.

So I, like so many people that get bitten by ticks, wait and hope for the best. I did take ivermectin for a few days along with some NAC and Quercetin. Don't know if they will help but according to some it does and it doesn't "seem" to hurt me any. At least I won't have worms. :-)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)