AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Microdisectomy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 5/25/2023 19:02 (#10243481 - in reply to #10243081)
Subject: RE: Microdisectomy

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

Wife has had two. First one in 2001. Second one in 2018. Good results both times. In both cases she was almost unable to walk. Both were in the L5 area. First one a disc had ruptured and the "jelly doughnut filling" had oozed out and was running down the side of her spine and got on the sciatic nerve. It caused the pain to be in her leg instead of her back so we went through a lot just to find the problem. In 2018 the disc had not ruptured but had bulged out and was impinging on the nerve again. Doctor went in, snipped off the bulging part and put epoxy over the disc to seal it off. Both times pain ended immediately. She would do it again in a heartbeat with a competent neurosurgeon.

Just make sure you have a competent neurosurgeon.

Other end of the spectrum. My sister had some back problems several years ago. I don't know all the details but a quack worked on her the first time. Finally got to a decent doctor and he said, "I can't fix you completely but if you do exactly what I tell you I can help you." Please understand, my sister is one of the most stubborn people on the planet. She is determined to do things her way or not at all. The doc told her to sleep flat in a bed. She wasn't comfortable so she slept in her recliner. Now she is permanently bent over. She just turned 70 and has been like this for the past 15 years or so.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)