AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Video camera for Android tablet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/10/2023 07:50 (#10264052 - in reply to #10263990)
Subject: RE: Video camera for Android tablet

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got two from Larsen Lights that I use with my iPhone. They are wireless but do need a power supply. I use one on the back of my combine for a rear view mirror. I ran power/ground to it but the video goes through the air and the metal on the combine and cab don't seem to bother it.

When setup, it is listed as one of my WiFi choices on my phone. Internet service is not involved nor needed. My phone may switch to the camera or I may need to go to setup and select the camera name under the WiFi settings. I have two of these so both camera names are in the list and I choose the one I plan on using that day.

There is an Android App that I assume works the same way. I haven't tried it with my ONN tablet that I got from Walmart. I might have a chance to test that this weekend. I'll try to remember to do that and report back.

Many wireless cameras have problems with metal obstructions between the camera and the viewing device so often a wired camera is recommended since you need power/ground anyway. I'm able to run my second camera off of a 110V AC to 12VDC adapter so it is easy to move it around but I do need 110VAC. I can use it on a bin to allow me to watch my truck fill while loading grain. In your situation with a baler, I think running 12V and ground to it and transmitting wirelessly to a phone or tablet should work fine.

I got a sleeve that I can place a Milwaukee M18 battery in that I've considered trying as a power source. This might be handy as I suspect the battery would last a while and I already have batteries and a charger. I'm not certain if the camera will tolerate 18V or if I need to utilize a voltage regulator.

Edited by tedbear 6/10/2023 07:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)