AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying a gun as a gift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 8/1/2023 07:15 (#10339695 - in reply to #10337812)
Subject: RE: Buying a gun as a gift

Go to https://www.henryusa.com/ and give them a call. I bought a rifle for my nephew though local store. I then was able to order a custom ingraved gold receiver from Henry. I had it ingraved in loving memory of my father, my nephew's grandfather. It had my father's name and nephew's name on it. I was hoping to create an heirloom for nephew to pass down to his kids. Plus I was thinking with names on it, it would discourage him from pawning it off. I kept the original receiver that came with rifle. Thinking he might not know it could be replaced.

That is the problem with guns, when it comes time to disperse of those heirlooms not enough to go around.

This actual discussion was brought up at our dinner table last night. A cousin of my wife's. She messaged my wife yesterday about a Winchester 44-40 rifle. We sent rifle to them in California per wishes of my wife's father when father passed away. His brother wanted it to go to his son. It was ranch legacy that rifle, wore out non-shootable. However value of said rifle is around 3 grand I think.

The discussion message sent to them was we hoped they enjoyed it, when time passed when the wife of this nephew passes or she is ready to let it come back to ranch to honor their side of family. My sons are the 6th generation to run ranch. We as a family are well ingrained in history and heirlooms to be passed down to next generations. The wife messaged back and said she would honor those wishes and send it back at such time.

Also horse tack, bridles and saddles have been passed down. I made one mistake in passing a ranch saddle down to a nephew who later got into drugs and other things. I'm sure it's been pawned off. This son was adopted and accepted into family. However he went off the deep end. When I gave saddle, he had a promising life ahead of him.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 8/1/2023 07:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)