AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Too high tech?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/18/2023 15:13 (#10364793)
Subject: Too high tech?

southern MN
Long story.

Went to pay my cell data bill.

I do not have a cell phone. My iPads are month to month cell data plan.

If I pay by mail it takes the cost of a check, a stamp, and whatever time the post office uses to maybe deliver mail these days. That’s getting expensive and questionable any more.

Pay on line I have been bitten twice now by info stealers that are ransom the big companies; it took 2 months to straighten out the Sling mess... so I’m not keen on paying through a web site.

Pay by phone they offer only a cell number to text through, well I’m one of the 5 people left without a cell phone.

So, I stop by the Verizon store and pay in person with a debt card.

Often takes 60 seconds.

Today it was over an hour.

The first 40 minutes was waiting, lot of tech questions in front of me and they take time. No problem, I simply wait in line.

The last 20 minutes, they really don’t know how to pay a bill. Sounds like there are 3 options, and I had to do all 3 before we hit the one that worked. There is meta, or opt, or through their web. Something like that.

One needs an account set up, one needs a 3 dollar fee, and then there is the correct one.

Which just takes 60 seconds. If you do the correct way.

But. No one knows how. It took all 3 working there to figure it out. I never got a receipt because - they couldn’t find a place for one. It never really told him I was paid. But the account now says I owe 0 so. It must be paid. Probably.

After 20 minutes.

Our technology is so advanced, it takes 20 minutes to pay a $64 bill over the counter.

I love the future.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)