AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Too high tech?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Llanurasdesilicio
Posted 8/18/2023 18:30 (#10364967 - in reply to #10364793)
Subject: RE: Too high tech?

C TX
I expect the truth is that you are just using a rather antiquated way to pay your bill. Like when a neighbor last year brought me floppy disks to try and get data off him. In theory you can still store and recover data off floppy disks, and I can probably find a floppy disk reader somewhere online, but it wont be fast or convenient.

The fact that you had two data breaches sucks. However, paying your bill in person does not guarantee that your data will be safe. The phone company still stores your personal data on their servers, and if those servers are hacked, your data could be compromised regardless of how you pay your bill. The phone company will use encryption to protect your data, so it is very unlikely that it will be hacked in a readable version (unless the company has the dumbest IT staff... but after your hour long wait to just pay a bill, I might question it!) I would recommend adding your credit card details to your account online. This is the most convenient way to pay your bill, and it is also the most secure (even more secure than paper checks).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)