AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife’s stroke progress
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Little papa
Posted 8/29/2023 15:08 (#10380542)
Subject: Wife’s stroke progress

Hooker Twp,Ne
On June 13 my wife had a mild stroke. Rushed to hospital and on June 19th was released for my moms funeral. On June 20 she had another stroke and was placed in hospital till June 23 when she went to Madonna in Lincoln. On the morning of the 24 th I went there and she wasn’t responding right. Had another stroke but this one was major. On the 26th two doctors told us to let her go and one said give her 30 days. She couldn’t swallow and had no right side. We chose the 30 days. After 3 weeks in the hospital she was sent to Madonna again. They’re on purée foods. While there she learned how to eat solid foods and some expressions for communication. Left hand up meant yes. Left hand down meant no. Last Monday July 19 she was dismissed to an assisted living facility near by. She is now at the point she can eat solid foods, and communicate somewhat better. Counts to 10 with assistance and counts to 100 by 10s. She also sings nursery type rhythms with us. She still has very little use of her right side and needs swing assist getting into bed and wheelchair. She has RA and the pain limits her PT. She’s in fairly good spirits which helps a lot. Also in mid July her mom passed away at the young age of 98. We watched the funeral on Facebook from Madonna. My wife is in her mid 60s and I’m nearing 70. Been quite the trying times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)