AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dji T40
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

WilgerIndustries
Posted 10/2/2023 10:13 (#10424623 - in reply to #10422087)
Subject: RE: Dji T40

Yeah, absolutely. Honestly, sometimes a small response to a thread spins into a bit more if new questions might pop up. Might have gone off the rails from the original post a bit, but nonetheless.

We haven't had much for ground rigs with CDA nozzles up in Canada for decade(s), so I'm less familiar for where they shine in the broadcast spraying world. What kind of rates are you spraying with your CDA nozzles? And I know some chemical labels have special CDA nozzle rules, does that ever catch you a little bit, or not too bad? And are you generally using your ground rig for broadcast acres? Any insight would help fill the void.

Yeah, I'm at least pleased to see more folks putting time aside for drone comparative tests, but it'd be nice to see a lot more of them for herbicide applications or at least applications that have a much clearer 'hit target vs. missed target', as a lot of the work with drones (or aerial plane/heli) end up being fungicide time, which a lot of the chem is labeled for suppression so it is harder to tell if you got 100% coverage or not.

I don't know if the rigs are actually commercially available or what not, but Mark @ Application Insight was putting together tooling to at least check and actually compare what a swath sprays down at for coverage, so could make it a lot easier to compare CDA even on a ground rig, drone, and helicopter. Now that'd be something worthwhile seeing for sure. (https://www.applicationinsightllc.com/products/swath-gobbler if you are interested)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)