AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On the glasses thought process.......script sunglasses??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 9/30/2023 07:15 (#10422112 - in reply to #10421585)
Subject: RE: On the glasses thought process.......script sunglasses??

Go to your local Wal Mart and see what they have available. I got 3 pair of frames and lenses for a lot less than just the lenses at regular optician (I provided those frames)

Eyeglass frames seem to be mostly a huge ripoff anyhow.

I got the same frames for regular and reading glasses that way if frames get broke they can interchange.

I also got wraparound frames with prescription polarized lenses. These help block the sun out of the corners of your eyes which is very helpful for outside and field work where you might be running rows where the sun comes in your eyes from the sides.

The licensed optician lady there was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful and she took all the time needed to understand exactly what you needed and wanted and made sure the fit was perfect and the prescription was aligned properly to your eyes and the frames. Best experience I ever had getting glasses. Your mileage may vary depending on person available.

She had a set of polarized colored lenses and encouraged me to take them outside in the sun to see which color worked best for my needs. I think there was a gray, green, orange and blue & maybe others too?  for sunglass lenses. Some discolored everything so that was welcomed advice.

Can get a little bit of distortion when in tractor at edges of curved glass as sunglasses and cab glass are both polarized. Not really a big issue.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)