AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Printer frustration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/25/2023 10:04 (#10540527 - in reply to #10534181)
Subject: RE: Printer frustration

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
JRosenberger - 12/20/2023 22:45

Yep, HP issue. Our office jet 8610 has operated in the fashion you describe since new. Wifi is unpredictable, desktop with cord works 100%. We use this printer infrequently, and we know that if its needed right now, better sit down at the desktop pc and print. Every other wireless device in the house works as intended.

edited to add, printer sits 10 feet from the router so distance is not the problem.

My situation sounds very similar. I have a desktop computer connected by wire to an older HP Laser. I have an HP InkJet sitting beside it that is connected wirelessly for the occasional color printing I desire. Normally I use the Laser. I can print from the desktop computer to the wired Laser very reliably. I can print to the InkJet from the desktop computer and my iPhone or iPad but not reliably. My other wireless devices around the home seem to work as expected.

Fortunately this isn't much of a problem for me since the color printing I do (variety maps etc.) is generally a larger batch so once I get the printer to mate then I can print several maps at a session without problem.

My situation may be more complex since I have two mesh systems to increase the range throughout the house. The desktop computer is hard wired to one network through the router which is hardwired to the mesh systems. I suppose if the device calling for the print job is on a different network than the printer, I will have the problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)