AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When will drone spraying become the norm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 12/30/2023 04:49 (#10548338 - in reply to #10539888)
Subject: RE: When will drone spraying become the norm?

Southern Missouri
I think I’d agree with kooiker on that, ground rigs are pretty hard to beat, we ran a drone pretty hard this past year and outside of about 600 acres of burn down in the early spring on ground that stays soft that might have been able to get a ground rig across later but we went ahead and droned it while we were ground rigging rest of farm burn down, the drone didn’t take the place of our ground rig anywhere else, but it totally took out what we would have normally sprayed with a plane, all fungicide here is done with plane ,beans are matted and no ground rigging on corn mainly because we furrow irrigate every sq ft of our farm and you have to time the ground rig with irrigation and no worry on that with drone. We also desicate most all our soybeans and plane used to do that but did all that with drone , if you want to see a spray pattern show up in very detailed observation, spray green soybeans with gramoxone on an 80 degree day , in 24 hrs you can see where every droplet landed and the steaks where the droplets landed thicker, very very easily , driving by in your pickup at 60 mph easy.Hard to believe how much better job a drone will do than a plane if there are any obstacles around and as I always say I don’t blame the airplane pilots one bit on not wanting to get close to something hurtling through the air at 160 mph , you just don’t see it behind fungicide application like you do with the desiccant but I’m pretty sure it’s there around high line wires ,poles, houses ,buildings etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)