AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking to buy a drone...suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ScottKS
Posted 1/29/2024 10:02 (#10598938 - in reply to #10597569)
Subject: RE: Looking to buy a drone...suggestions?

You would not be disappointed with the Mavic 3 Classic. At work, I fly a Phantom 4 Pro + and a Mavic 3, they are great for us and they'll handle winds gusting to 30mph pretty easy which is important for what we do because we can't just fly on the nice days. For personal use I have a Mini 3 Pro that took the place of my previous drone an Air 2S. If you want to spend a little less you couldn't go wrong with either one of those, but they won't take quite as much wind. That being said, I have flown my Mini 3 Pro with winds gusting to 30mph, however there was a couple of spots in the video where it bobbed a little bit. The reason I got rid of the Air 2S is that I had a co-worker purchase a Mini 3 Pro and it's quite a bit quieter than anything else I have flown, and it's tiny so it's easy to take with you. The quiet part may not be important to you if you are flying primarily in rural areas, and if that's the case, I would skip the Mini and just look at the Air or the Mavic. I know there are newer versions of the Mini and the Air and I'm sure they're great too, you just have to decide what you want to spend. As far as the active track goes, I can't tell any difference between the Mavic, the Air 2S or the Mini 3 Pro, it works well most of the time, but certain lighting conditions and dusty conditions will cause problems at times, it's not a big deal the drone just stops following and hovers in one spot. Good luck!

One other thing to consider is speed, if you're wanting to keep up with something that moves faster than 20 mph or so, the Air or Mavic will be much better when using active track.

Edited by ScottKS 1/29/2024 10:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)