AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Somatic mutation theory of cancer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/3/2024 12:03 (#10606756 - in reply to #10606630)
Subject: Additional therapy, not exclusive therapy - prevention?

Pittsburg, Kansas
Notice in his study they are using a ketogenic diet IN CONJUNCTION with conventional therapy.

The idea is to make the cancer cells weaker (by limiting glucose) while strengthening normal cells (through better mitochondrial function via higher levels of ketones).

Then the conventional treatments have a chance to work better. He is using the diet as an additional part of the therapy.

It will be interesting to see the final results. To see what percentage of the patients respond positively to the enhanced treatment.

As I understand it, glioblastoma prognosis are generally not very good, even with conventional treatments. So any improvements will be a plus. By longer higher quality of life even if not a complete cure.

I do not recall if he had a control group that is not on the diet. I need to watch it again.

Also, if his trial results are positive, would it indicate any potential for prevention??? His study would not determine it, but might raise the question that it should be considered and studied. I guess that is why the subject most interests me.

Edited by John Burns 2/3/2024 12:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)