AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

deere 4640 update 23-2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4wdaaron
Posted 2/4/2024 20:45 (#10609021 - in reply to #10608347)
Subject: RE: deere 4640 update 23-2

Northern Indiana
Flash drives (or any storage media) larger than 32gb will generally be formatted to NTFS or something other than FAT32 file structure

The FAT32 file structure was used for a very long time and it's all 2630 displays will work with and the same for when Gen 4 displays first game out.

An update to the Gen 4 software in the last couple of years added the ability to use NTFS for flash drives larger than 32gb.

Recently, the total file size of the software download has exceeded 32gb (since there are no choices for what packages to pick in the software Downloader program like there was in the former GS Live Update used for older displays)

So the options are to either save all the files to either somewhere on your hard drive or another drive and then copy only what you need to a 32gb or less formatted FAT32

Or the best option for most is to use a 64gb+ flash drive formatted to NTFS

Obviously these are options assuming the display isn't connected to JDLink through and MTG or wifi

FYI they took the wifi out of all the G5 displays, and the 4240 does not have wifi. This adapter can add wifi (2.4GHz only) to 4240 and G5 displays

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IFXQFU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

PLO NW MN - 2/4/2024 13:20

I had trouble also. Finally just went with OTA using WiFi when tractors came through the shop. I had been updating with USB for years but after reloading a stick twice and trying in different tractors I gave up on the usb.

Edit
Also my stick data file is something like 31 gb. I think that is too large. Someone had told me there’s a way to clear the old updates off the software manager so it doesn’t make such a big file but I’m not sure how. Maybe just uninstall but I haven’t tried.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)