AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need input on stem cell treatments Mayo Clinic or Johns Hopkins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rodj99
Posted 2/8/2024 14:57 (#10614588 - in reply to #10614476)
Subject: RE: Need input on stem cell treatments Mayo Clinic or Johns Hopkins

SEMN

I live near Rochester, and I have a cousin that just went through the stem cell transplant procedure at Mayo Rochester.  His oncologist was from the Twin Cities, but recommended Mayo over the U of M.  I went to several of the appointments with him.  They do a lot of transplants, and have a thorough step by step approach to doing them.  Generally speaking, the nurses, dieticians, and everyone that he came in contact with were very good at their jobs and cared about his wellbeing.  Throughout the 6 week or so process, they see you every day and keep close tabs on you.  My cousin stayed at the Gift of Life Transplant House, which partners with Mayo.  It's close to Mayo and a very nice facility.  They charge $30 per day there.  Mayo nurses come to the house to do blood draws first thing in the morning, then depending what you might need, they are ready for you when you go to the Clinic for your daily check up.  Edited to add:  Not sure how well the Florida campus does stem cell transplants, but I've heard from Mayo Rochester Doctors say not to go to Jacksonville, they don't know what they are doing down there!

Edited by rodj99 2/8/2024 15:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)