AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starling rtk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 2/10/2024 21:56 (#10618046 - in reply to #10617445)
Subject: RE: Starling rtk

Middlesex County, Ontario
Agent86 - 2/10/2024 15:06

Has anyone figured out a way to get free rtk from musks Starlink system? They say it can be done.

Who says that it can be done?

The Starlink satellite are not designed to provide navigation data. Some researchers have hacked the system to provide location data, and the accuracy is like 5 meters. Only at an educational level to see if it can be done.

What you have probably read is that you can use Starlink to get internet where you couldn't get internet before. Once you have internet you may be able to receive free RTK NTRIP corrections from a state operated CORS network or a site like www.rtk2go.com. Some people are lucky and live in an area where they are covered by RTK NTRIP corrections. If you are in such a coverage area then you still need to get internet in your tractor to access the corrections, and without cellular coverage you are pretty much SOL. Starlink changes that a little bit by opening up the internet to more area.

I have my base station connected to the internet and I get my corrections via cellular internet. If I'm driving my tractor right next to my house than I could get the same corrections from my house's wifi internet. If I put a starlink dish on my tractor then I could get the same corrections via starlink internet.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 2/10/2024 21:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)