AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader switchbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/12/2024 15:29 (#10620503 - in reply to #10620303)
Subject: More - Likely more than you want to know

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, The 4000400 is the CAN switch box.

Most application situations will require some method where the operator can indicate whether a section or product may be applying. This involves a system using switches of some type to convey this information to the system. This does not pertain to Yield monitoring in a combine.

At first, a module without any switches called the Auxiliary Input module was the only choice. This was when the Insight was introduced and continues today. Various switch connections to the Auxiliary Input Module are available from Ag Leader:

1). A single toggle switch for a single section rig such as a single boom sprayer, Spreader truck, Strip-till rig etc.

2). A 10 section with Master switch box for situations needing more than a single switch. This would commonly be used with planters and sprayers.

3). An adapter cable that could be used with rigs where it was desirable to use the OEM switches and/or Joystick switches already present. This was most commonly used with Self-propelled sprayers etc.

4). A custom made switch box. These are unofficial, not supported and generally discouraged. I cannot recommend going that route although it has been done. Some electronic trickery is involved.

In 2013, Ag Leader started offering another approach. This was to include the Auxiliary Input Circuitry inside the 10 section with Master enclosure. This is the 4000400 CAN switch box. This can be used instead of the Auxiliary Input Module and separate switches.

With the introduction of the SC110, the customer had the option to use it or the Auxiliary Input module with an external switch arrangement.

The two approaches are functionally equivalent. The choice to go one way or the other depends on the situation. This might depend on what the customer already has, what future plans are possible, space, etc. Personally I use a SC110 CAN in my current planter tractor. I use an Auxiliary Input Module and adapter cable in my Hagie Sprayer.

Since the enclosure that Ag Leader uses for the dumb 10 section switch box and the SC110 CAN switch box are the same it is not obvious which is which from a distance.

There are several ways to distinguish them. The SC110 will indicate that on its faceplate, it will include a small LED status indicator, the part number on the back will be 4000400 and one of the cables will have the round CAN connector that Ag Leader uses. It will also include a brown connector that is used for certain other situations. Very often the brown connector is not used at all.

The dumb switch box will have the same switches on it but the external connectors will be a 12 pin Deutsch connector that is green and another that is brown. These connectors mate with the like colors in the Auxiliary Input module.

Edited by tedbear 2/13/2024 06:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)