AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader switchbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/15/2024 07:19 (#10624060 - in reply to #10623441)
Subject: RE: More - Likely more than you want to know

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
MF3680 - 2/14/2024 16:28

Tedbear, not to hijack the thread but I'm in a similar situation with a rogator 844. Got the sc110 switchbox and LPCM and cabling, but after reading instructions it looks like I might be better off getting an AIM and adapter cable (4000515-5 or 4000527-5) and using my existing boom switches and master switch. Am I thinking along the right lines? Thanks.

Yes, that is essentially what I'm doing with my Hagie. This allows me to repurpose the original Master on the Joystick and Section switches on the side console as inputs to the Ag Leader system.

Using the SC110 CAN switch box can certainly work but using an AIM with the adapter cable might be "cleaner" and would allow you to use the original Rogator switches. You would then be able to use the Master and Section switches that you may be used to working with. When I worked as a Tech at L&D Ag, one of my Coworkers made some special wiring harnesses that worked very nicely with certain Rogators for this exact situation. I don't know if those still exist. They may not apply to your model.

Switching to the Ag Leader system often requires some rewiring either way since originally the Master switch provided power to the section switches. The section switches then in turn provided power to open the section valves and also inform the controller (usually a Raven) that a section was ON so that the controller could do its math calculations correctly based on the sections that are actually spraying.

With the Ag Leader system, the switches that the operator uses no longer directly control the section valves. They become inputs to the system. The LPCM controls the section valves.

With an Ag Leader system the inputs from the Master and Section switches provide a "YES" or "NO" vote as the system decides whether a section valve should be ON or not. Other factors such as a zero rate or auto swath can also provide a "NO" vote for some or all sections. Only when all factors vote "YES" vote does the valve open.

The special harness I mentioned above makes this easier and doesn't disrupt the original wiring. This means the Ag Leader system could more easily be installed or removed if desired and the rig returned to original tp again be used with a Raven controller.

Edited by tedbear 2/15/2024 07:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)