AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Torque converter tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

dondozer
Posted 2/20/2024 17:48 (#10632419 - in reply to #10626428)
Subject: RE: Torque converter tractor

NW Ohio,near Findlay
Don't know what that job is you are doing. A tractor that has a torque convertor, would be a John Deere Industrial 210C, 210LE, believe the newer is a 210SLE. They are called a skip loader, all have a loader, a three point lift, most have a valve body to control a box scraper that has tilt, top link control, ripper roll down control, and of lift arm cylinder valve for the lift arms. They are one sweet machine, I have thousands of hours on a 210C, run a newer LE a few hours, more power with a turbo.
Ford makes one, 445, 555, Case has one too, all do the same thing, really handy tool. EDIT: All the tractors mentioned above are straight four speed transmissions, 2nd gear is your working gear, maybe 1st short distance loading, 3rd and 4th are travel speeds. No power shift, don't need it to change gears, just get moving and change gears like driving a semi, match gears with throttle, easy, no expensive power shift troubles.
To my knowledge, modern day farm tractors don't make a true torque drive, hydrostatic is not the same. I see some 6000 series Deere tractors with loader and advertised having a reverser transmission, don't really know how that system works, pretty sure not a torque drive. Will be watching other posts, might learn something.

Edited by dondozer 2/20/2024 17:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)