AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My 2 cents….
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Massey1155
Posted 2/17/2024 09:41 (#10627163 - in reply to #10626630)
Subject: RE: My 2 cents….

NW Iowa
You can go over the 600lb, but your insured dollars stand. The way i was told.... They want them at least 600lbs in your sell period.
They use a 50/50 rule on the steers and heifers.
They also might ask for proof that you can market them at that weight in that time period. (previous sale sheets)
If they come under the weight, they will ask why they didn't make weight. They excuse it only for drought or flood. (lack of feed)
If 40 head of unborn steers and heifers is 2.83 your total insured is around $68000.
If you sell them at 700 you are capped at $68,000.
You can go out to 47 weeks, the premium changes the amount insured. (70-99% coverage)

Edit with subsidies on the higher coverage you were looking at 78/head.
I just checked 39 week is about 11.83/CWT about $71/head
You also get 60 day window. 30 before and 30 after your strike date.

Unborn Feeder Cattle: Unborn feeder cattle may be insured if the insured has an ownership
interest in pregnant cattle at the time coverage is established. When unborn feeder cattle are
insured, the legal location of the pregnant cattle must be provided on the SCE. The SCE must
list the unborn feeder cattle type: Unborn Steers & Heifers, Unborn Brahman, or Unborn
Dairy. AIPs may request documentation to verify the number of pregnant cattle, thereby
verifying the number of unborn feeder cattle allowed on a Specific Coverage Endorsement.
The insured’s verifying documents must show that under normal circumstances, the number
of pregnant cattle must be capable of producing the number of unborn feeder cattle insured.
Valid records include veterinary reports or sales contracts from previous years. Unborn
feeder cattle that are insured must have target weight less than 6 cwt.

Edited by Massey1155 2/17/2024 09:56

(KIMG0997 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments KIMG0997 (full).JPG (126KB - 65 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)