AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight beginner-lightbar??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/20/2024 07:32 (#10631659 - in reply to #10631465)
Subject: RE: Insight beginner-lightbar??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
He says that his Insight is unlocked for Multi-product and Auto Steer. Without the Nav, I'm now thinking that although the lightbar might be visible, I don't think it would work.

I had my Insight in my planting tractor and steered it with a Nav II. I moved the Insight to the combine which used a basic WAAS receiver and no Nav II. The lightbar was still visible on the Insight but I didn't use it. I don't know if it would have worked but I suspect not. I would go to the setup screen and uncheck the box that pertained so I would gain a slight bit of screen space.

With the newer displays, this would be possible. I now move my InCommand 1200 from the planting tractor to the Hagie and then to the combine. The onscreen lightbar is operational in the combine even before I had any form of auto or assisted steering. I moved my GPS 7500 with the InCommand 1200 from the tractor to the sprayer to the combine. This meant that I was using Terra Star Pro C instead of WAAS.

I could use the lightbar to help me choose which rows to pull in on when harvesting corn in strips. With 30" rows, the system was accurate enough to guide me onto a multiple of my 8 row head. Since the planter is 24 rows, I would bring up the planter AB line and strike through on the AB line itself. I would repeat this as I made new strips as I progressed across the field. That way the last pass of each strip was exactly 8 rows.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)