AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight beginner-lightbar??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/21/2024 07:37 (#10633148 - in reply to #10632498)
Subject: RE: Insight beginner-lightbar??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I believe it depends on what you have.

I'll admit that it seems silly to have two GPS systems but if you already have everything such as receivers/wiring etc. for each system installing them both might be less confusing. One could be mounted on the front center of the cab and the another toward the rear. I don't think they would interfere with each other since they both receive and do not transmit. If they are placed off the center line then an offset can be used in the setup to compensate for that although I try to avoid that situation if possible.

On the other hand if the Outback or other lightbar system that you plan on using does not have a GPS with it, then going with a dual port cable from the Ag Leader GPS may be the way to go. If the cable that came with the Ag Leader GPS happens to have two ports on it already then I would go that route.

You mention "tying into the Ag Leader cable", the proper approach would be to use the dual port cable I mention above since then each branch can be configured to work optimally with the device it is going to feed. In the early days, I worked with some situations where the 9 pin GPS connector was literally split into two connectors to feed two different systems. This could work but only if both systems utilized the same settings. There are some obstacles involved with such an arrangement and I would not recommend attempting that. If you wish to just use one receiver get the cable that is designed with two branches. Most but not all GPS systems have that capability.

Edited by tedbear 2/21/2024 15:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)