AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar Water Pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

smalltimegrain
Posted 2/22/2024 08:48 (#10634784)
Subject: Solar Water Pump

Ohio
Looking for input on a solar setup. Trying to distribute water in a pasture via pipeline. Source in the middle of the pasture is a pond that has a livestock tank already set up with it. My thought is to place a solar pump (no power available) to pull from the existing livestock tank and distribute via buried pipe. Distances will be relatively short and would be connecting 3 additional livestock tanks. This would allow me to rotate my 20 head of cattle more efficiently.

The google machine has let me down and I'm having a hard time finding a cost effective practical solution for this setup. My goal would be to maintain ~20 psi in the system when all tanks are full. I'm not sure how much the cattle would drink at night and cant seem to find much information on this, so I don't know if it would be necessary to have enough battery to maintain pressure through the night. I can only seem to find really cheap options that I don't think will work, or 25 gal per min options that would be way overkill. This would only be used in the spring/summer/fall, not needed during winter.

If anyone has any thoughts or examples of similar setups they've used successfully I'd appreciate it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)