AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

integra on sprayer and want to map different fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/24/2024 09:02 (#10637778 - in reply to #10637556)
Subject: RE: integra on sprayer and want to map different fertilizer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The above reply is true. A planting configuration will allow the "product" meaning seed variety to be changed. With a spray configuration, when the product (spray mix) is changed this is considered a new product and would be shown as a separate product.

In some cases that is fine but results in several separate maps rather than one map with several color bands for the different products. This method defeats some of the features of auto swath. For example lets suppose you spray around the outside of a field with spray mix "A". You start spraying the body of the field on one side and then run out of that product. You then refill with spray mix "B". You change the product and the onscreen map of spray mix "A" disappears. This means that when spraying spray mix "B", the sections will not automatically shut off when approaching the ends or other areas already sprayed with spray mix "A".

There are a couple of workarounds for this. One would be to use a generic name for the product such as Corn Post Test Plot. Use that product name for the entire area. Then use "regions" to identify the various sub areas for the various products. Your map will be complete because you have not changed the product and Auto Swath will work as desired for headlands. The downside to this approach is that the regions are not shown on the onscreen map. However SMS can be used to show and print out on paper, a map of the different spray mixes.

I did this personally with a Headline test. The majority of the field was to be sprayed with a week killer but I wanted to have a strip where I included Headline. I wanted this to be marked to check during harvest. I mixed up a batch of spray without Headline. I called the product Headline Test. I carried some jugs of Headline with me on the sprayer. I did some calculations and decided at what point I should dump in the Headline. I chose a Region and named it Without Headline". I sprayed the Headlands and part of the field until I reached the number of acres where the remaining tank volume would match up with the amount of Headline I had with me.

At that point, I stopped, dumped in the Headline and let the sprayer agitate for a bit. I left the product as Headline Test but changed the Region to a new Region which I named With Headline. I sprayed the remainder of that tank out.

This was the end of the Headline Test strip so I changed the Region back to the Region named Without Headline and sprayed the rest of the field. I was able to process this data with SMS and have it create a Region map. This showed two different colors for the arear With Headline and the areas Without Headline. I carried that paper map with me in the combine. I have not found a way to view maps based on regions on the displays themselves.

Ag Leader has a workaround to handle the auto swath problem when the product is switched. I'm not certain if this is just with the InCommand 1200 or the Integra also. It does not require an unlock.

I think of section control as based on "votes" from various sources. If any one of the sources votes "NO" then the section is switched Off. Auto swath gets involved in this voting process. Generally it casts its "NO" vote when the current product has already been applied to the area under the boom. The update allows the operator to inform Auto Swath to cast its "NO" vote based based on ONE additional product besides the current product.

This could work as follows: You start spraying the field or test plot with Product "A", as usual. You spray the headlands and maybe some passes on both edges. Nothing different so far.

You then switch to product "B". You choose the new product, rate etc. You perform an extra step and inform auto swath to be watching for areas already sprayed with product "A" also. Then auto swath will shut off boom sections if the area has already been sprayed with either Product "B" or Product "A". In other words, it will shut off the booms when you encounter the Headlands. The onscreen map will only show the results of the current product which is product "B" in this example.

Next you decide to switch to product "C". You choose that product, rate etc. as usual. This time you perform the extra step and inform auto swath to watch product "A" also. You might have been thinking product "B" as the extra product to watch but you need to indicate product "A" again as that is what is on the Headlands.

You might ask what about product "B"? Shouldn't it be in the list of extra products to watch for? That seems reasonable to me. So for a test plot the list of extra products to watch would continue to grow. However it is not done that way. There can only be ONE extra product to watch.

When doing a test plot this really shouldn't be an issue since it seems very unlikely that you would purposefully drive over an area that was previously sprayed with another product other than the Headland product which would be listed . Having a list with lots of extra products could get very confusing.

Edited by tedbear 2/24/2024 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)