AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

integra on sprayer and want to map different fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/25/2024 04:27 (#10638835 - in reply to #10637970)
Subject: Lack of information

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree the information in the manuals seems pretty sparse at times. The problem is how much to include without "blowing over" the reader.

Certain things really need a point of reference or experience before an explanation makes sense. For example, hopefully my explanation helped you, but would be over the heads of those who have no need for it.

I have setup machinery and equipment for many years and have been critical of the setup and owner's manuals. In the early days, we got more information from the pictures in the advertising brochures than the setup manual.

Now that I try to explain things in words, I have more respect for those who are saddled with the job. Many times they have never done the job themselves. Other times it is difficult to explain a process. I've learned one thing, if you really want to understand something try to write instructions or explanations for someone else. After the process, the reader might not understand it any better, but you yourself will.

One of my old College Profs used to say "You will learn far more as a teacher than you ever did as a student".

Ag Leader has many short videos. I have been watching many on YouTube. Even though many are very basic, I find them useful as a review and often bring up something I really didn't quite understand or have forgotten about,

Edited by tedbear 2/25/2024 04:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)