AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bayer corn trait inflation to continue for 2025 seed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DixieDeere
Posted 2/29/2024 12:19 (#10645375 - in reply to #10644704)
Subject: RE: Bayer corn trait inflation to continue for 2025 seed

Jackson County, AL
Will Bayer still be in the seed business next year? If not, who would want to take their issues on? They have made a lot of noise about peddling divisions off, mostly unsuccessfully. With the Dicamba rulings the writing is on the wall and I can't see them being very excited about the 4-way bean when they could have an Enlist bean out now that doesn't have the PR problem. The white corn news isn't surprising and will further alienate customers. They dropped the ball on seed production for several hybrids for this year and I'd say they didn't get it all replaced with another of their own hybrids. A local bank here hired a guy for about three years to get them ready for a sale/merger. They made more risky loans, got out of balance with their ratios, paid board members and executives more, etc. in order to look worse and thus more attractive to a buyer. Made no sense but after that debacle I wonder if that's common practice today and, if so, Bayer has been doing an excellent job of looking less attractive all around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)