AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making homemade french fries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 3/3/2024 21:02 (#10650360 - in reply to #10650064)
Subject: RE: Making homemade french fries

East of Broken Bow
I like them cut shoestring style (thin). Rinse them off, for some reason that seems to make them crisper, as does chilling them before cooking either in cold water or the fridge.

What we REALLY like here are air fryer potato chips.
Slice the potatoes thin and even (get every slice equal thickness for best results).
After slicing lay them out until they are dry to touch (just a few minutes).
Oil them lightly, can use spray oil like Pam if you want. You don't need much, just a little dampening to make the salt stick.
While still damp with oil, sprinkle some popcorn salt on them. We like butter flavored salt, one of the kids likes the white cheddar popcorn salt. Popcorn salt works best because it seems to stick to the chips better for more even flavor.
Lay them out in the air dryer one layer deep, run to 375 degrees until crisp. I'm thinking 3-4 minutes

I have 2 kids, both girls, and they eat them as fast as they cook until about the 3rd basket full. Granted there aren't that many in a batch because it works best only one layer deep, but we all love them.

We also like french fries in the air fryer, but unless you have a shoestring cutter, they take a long time to cook.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)