AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GcDm2010
Posted 3/5/2024 23:08 (#10653391 - in reply to #10652862)
Subject: RE: John Deere GPS

stevehynes - 3/5/2024 17:21
I guess the point I'm making or trying to get a answer to is the activation fee should be a onetime fee that is tied to your reciever. Instead this is fee that the purchaser of a new tractor has to pay a activation fee on a new tractor so the processor in display will communicate with reciever.
This activation code is unique to the tractor and stays with the tractor. So the purchaser of a used tractor pays no activation fee and all he has to do is connect his reciever on the top and off he goes.

Their is no activation just to make things "talk". You do have to pay $1000 per machine to unlock AutoTrac, but that is typically included in the sale price of the machine.
If you want Automation, Swath, RowSense, those are additional unlocks that stay with the tractor/combine.
For the integrated receiver, their is no fee to use SF1. That will work right away, but you do need that AutoTrac unlock in the armrest display for Auto Steer.
If you want to use a license beyond SF1 within the receiver, no additional unlocks are required in the display, but you have to pay for SF-RTK or an RTK unlock for the receiver. Not the armrest display. That's where the bracket and plug under the cab roof would come into play. Plug in your SF6000 of preference, it will disable the integrated and start using the one you plugged in.

The amount you paid in activations or unlocks is figured into the sale or trade in value, or it should be. My dealer did that for a combine/2630 we sold a couple years ago. May not be the full $6000 in activations, but it was a factor in the sale price.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)