AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TerraStar Unlock Transfer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pvr
Posted 3/6/2024 11:00 (#10653971)
Subject: TerraStar Unlock Transfer

NC KS
We have two AgLeader setups with 6500 receivers. The first was installed in 2016 and the second in either '17 or '18. The first one has the TerraStar unlock and has had the yearly subscription, after being very glitchy all last season it finally crapped out altogether and we found it had water inside it. Because the other receiver was glitchy as well, we sent it in this winter to get looked at and just heard back it had corrosion on the connectors and they cleaned as much as they could, but didn't recommend it returns to the field as it was picking up satellites, but only half as many as the other receivers they had in the shop.

Two questions:
1) Does 8 years or less seem rather sub-par for two receivers to both go out? We leave them in place all season during use and bring them inside during the off-season.

2) Has anyone had a similar experience of an unlocked receiver going bad, and if so what is your experience of how AgLeader handles the unlock? I am waiting to hear back from the dealer if the unlock can be transferred to a new receiver, but he seemed doubtful at first. If anyone else has had the same situation, I would just like to be prepared in my response to him rather than being in a position of having to just take what they give us. Would seem to me that if you pay for an unlock and the receiver goes bad you should be able to transfer that unlock to a new receiver if you turn your old one in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)