AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SprayMate II to Fieldview
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/7/2024 09:42 (#10655398 - in reply to #10655175)
Subject: RE: SprayMate II to Fieldview

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I think there might be a chance. I'm not familiar with Fieldview but if it is possible for it to calculate the application rate then it may be possible to split the flow meter cable so it feeds the Spray Mate as before but also sends the pulses from the flow meter to the Fieldview as well. The reason that this can work is that most flow meters create a pulse by shorting the signal wire to ground and then releasing it to return to a higher voltage. This transition is considered a pulse. Both devices receive these pulses and then by using their own Meter Cal number convert the pulses to gallons.

The Spray Mate would control the application like it does now but the other device would also get the flow information and since it "knows" the ground speed, width etc., it may be able to calculate the applied rate, total volume, total acres etc. AND make a coverage or as applied map. It may take another module or device to do this.

With an Ag Leader system, you can do exactly that by using their Application Rate Module. It could work along side the Spray Mate. By that I mean that a tee is placed in the flow meter cable so the pulses from the flow meter go to the Spray Mate as before but also to the Application Rate Module. The Spray Mate still controls the application as before but the Ag Leader is informed of the action of the flowmeter. Setup this way, the Ag Leader only monitors and maps the Application, it does not control it.

This allows the Ag Leader system to perform its own math based on the flow, ground speed width etc. to calculate the applied rate, Total Volume, Total area etc. It would also create a converge and an as applied map. The totals should agree with the totals on the Spray Mate. The coverage and as applied maps can be very handy.

This is essentially what I do with starter fertilizer on my planter. The starter is delivered by a ground driven pump and the applied rate is shown on the Ag Leader display. I do not have a controller for the starter. When the planter is lowered, the ground drive engages and the pump starts pumping. The rate is determined by the stroke setting of the pump. Once the Application Rate module sees action from the flow meter, it starts to record and map. This works fine for us since we apply a low rate of starter on corn and do not vary the rate.

Edited by tedbear 3/9/2024 11:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)