AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Large track skid loader vs mini payloader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kelly
Posted 3/15/2024 06:55 (#10665636 - in reply to #10665454)
Subject: RE: Large track skid loader vs mini payloader

NC KS
I recently made the switch but still have the skidder. Visibility is a problem on the tree puller as the z bar blocks where you need to see. I was pulling 2'-3' trees. A little bigger trees wouldn't be a problem and those small ones I should have used pallet forks on. Could have slide both forks a little off center and got them easy. I haven't tried the mower but I think visibility would be fine. Biggest problem I have had with mower on skidder is getting high centered. Can't see a ridge with mower right in front of you and bam you are resting on the belly pan. Loader wouldn't have that problem. My 324K has 24 gpm flow supposedly so higher than my older skidder. Drawback is no hand throttle on the 324. Go pedal does hydro and engine but should be able to mow good in low as that is 4 mph all wound out.

Compact loaders have huge lift specs and excellent visibility all around the machine. I would guess you would use it to load feed wagon year around once you get it unless feed wagon is super tall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)