AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader seed sensor harness?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/18/2024 19:00 (#10670563 - in reply to #10670340)
Subject: RE: Agleader seed sensor harness?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I assume you are looking for the correct adapter cable to go from you original planter monitor wiring harness with a 37 pin connector to an Ag Leader Seed Tube Monitoring Module. The adapter cable has a 37 pin connector on one end and Deutsch connectors on the other end to mate with the STTM.

Many companies use the 37 pin AMP connector with these harnesses. Usually this is at the hitch point so the planter can be connected/disconnected from the monitor in the tractor.

Some use 37 pin connectors elsewhere also. My Deere for example uses them on the back of the planter to join the harness from each side to a main cable leading to the tractor.

When using the STTM, the module it might be mounted at the hitch. However in many cases, it would be much cleaner to install it back on the planter. In my case with my Deere planter, it is desirable to mount the STTM at the rear beside my modules for section control etc.

Fortunately on the Deere, I was able to intercept the cable at the rear of the planter. The cable that lead to the front of the planter now serves no purpose and is just along for the ride.

I don't know the "layout" of your planter but a good Ag Leader should have access to the proper adapter for you. Don't let them get confused about cables/extension etc for section control as there can be great confusion when dealing with them also.

There are many adapter cables available since the various manufacturers used the37 pin connectors but did NOT follow the same wiring pattern.

This means that you may find an adapter harness that "looks" right and plugs in but doesn't work correctly. It has to be wired properly to work with your planter frame harness.

Edited by tedbear 3/19/2024 08:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)