AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neuralink
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 3/23/2024 08:35 (#10676314 - in reply to #10676053)
Subject: RE: Neuralink

I think it doesn’t matter if you made the first rifle ever and it was “designed to hunt animals for meat” that eventually the thing is going to be used to kill other humans as a form of control. The doomsday scenario is inevitable over a long enough time line imo. But people will laud it as a miracle that we must usher in at great speed.

Where would we be as a society without skeptics, dissenters and pragmatists?

Chips in your brain is wild and the meta verse is coming eventually thru chips in the brain. Which was what the initial post was about. And which you have been sidestepping. I don’t even know why the **** we are talking about google glass. The battery life was dog **** and you had to squint.

And no I don’t see a lot of people wearing them in public. In fact I don’t see anyone wearing them in public. I’d bet nobody even owns one in Greenville Mississippi. But it’s not exactly a “wear this to Walmart to improve your shopping experience” piece of tech. And only a brain dead individual would think that’s the use case. It’s a home entertainment system. Look I think it’s retarded. I do. But I think this is just the start of it. And some people with a **** load more money than you or I, and a **** load of smart people advising them on what to do, are spending money on this meta verse. They are making a big bet with big money. They can make those big bets with big money because they made them in the past and were right then too.

And now that we have chips in the brain, I think these two technologies will eventually be integrated. And for some it’s a paradise, for others it’ll look like skynet. I imagine if Henry David Thoreau was around today, with everyone stuck in an office building with their eyes glued to computer screens he would think it’s a literal hellscape already.

But ya know we are still pretty far away from chips delivering the meta verse and anyone who read pc mag prbly won’t live to see it because lmaoooooo at pc mag and 90’s vr. Grandkids might tho
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)