AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

32% Pre Banded No-Till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

yelog60
Posted 3/22/2024 11:40 (#10675221)
Subject: 32% Pre Banded No-Till

Northern Illinois
For years I spread P,K,AMS ahead of planter and came back and y dropped the bulk of my N. I got along okay, but always though my yields could be better. About 6 years ago I switched from 32 side dress to ESN all up front. My corn yields have been the best they ever have. Last year was a tough one around this area, and I still had a few farms that set new high yields. Every winter I look at the numbers and think their has to be a cheaper way to get the same yields. I have a 12 row knife applicator that has been sitting for a few years. Thinking I could split apply 32 for a fraction of the cost of ESN. I know guys here that no-till, put anhydrous on at an angle. Could the same process be used for 32? Or would one be better of going with the row and getting it deep enough to not worry about seed burn. Then come back and side dress the balance a few weeks later. I have no liquid setup currently on my planter, no plans to change that anytime soon. Or should I just keep using ESN, and cry about the cost every year.
Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)