AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New incommand 1200, new boundary edge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/26/2024 01:49 (#10680601 - in reply to #10680108)
Subject: RE: New incommand 1200, new boundary edge

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Turn Path has a few requirements. They are listed on the recently added Turn Path sub screen. This is a new tab below the 4 items on the left side of the screen and can be "slid" in/out. This new tab appears with the update to V 9.2. Ag Leader has wisely listed the required items in the form of a short checklist. If all the requirements are met, then Turn Path can be used. That should save some phone calls to the dealer as to why it won't work in some situations.

To use Turn Path some things are required: 1) temporary free or paid Turn Path unlock. 2) accurate boundary. 3) straight or curved AB line. You will not be able to turn on or use Turn Path unless those requirements are met. First off Ag Leader wants some money for this feature. The accurate boundary is needed so the system can decide when and where to make the turn. An AB line is needed so the rig can be following one prior to the turn and has an AB line to turn back in on.

So if you don't have an AB line you can not use Turn Path until you have one. The AB line could have been made last year or 10 minutes ago. You must have one. This means for a new field, you would not be able to use Turn Path until you make on AB line. So yes you might need to manually drive a pass to create an AB line. It is no necessary to complete the entire operation such as planting the entire field before Turn Path is available. It could be available on the second pass as long as the other requirements are met.

Turn Path is available for a free 24 hour test period. This 24 hours can be paused so to make full use of the free 24 hours, you would not need to use it for 24 hours straight. It is also available for a longer free period by working through your dealer. Their hope is that you will like it and purchase the permanent paid unlock.

Due to unusual weather, I was able to drive around a soybean field and test Turn Path by simulating some scenarios as if I were planting. I had it do a few turns and put it into pause. The next day I tested some other scenarios and decided I thought it would be useful for us and purchased the unlock. Our plan is to use it with the planter and combine for soybeans. Since I use Headsight's finger feelers for corn harvest, I won't be able to use it there. I'm not certain if it will work well with our Hagie with Steady Steer and AWS.

Edited by tedbear 3/26/2024 01:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)