AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lift switch recomendation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/1/2024 04:02 (#10688774 - in reply to #10688040)
Subject: RE: Combine?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Orginally Ag Leader used an assembly with a "Pot" on it. This assembly was mounted under the cab. It had a short rod sticking out from it with a light chain that went down to the feeder house. The chain was connected with a hook to the feeder house. This chain could be adjusted so that when the feeder house was raised there was slack in the chain. When the feeder house was lowered, the chain got tight and rotated the "Pot". The systems was able to read the change in resistance to get an indication of the height of the feeder house. The operator set in a value at which point, he wanted the system to record. These worked quite well.

On my current 9770, Ag Leader inserts a Tee cable in between the Deere wiring harness and the Deere Throat position sensor on the left side of the combine. Now that I've added the Headsight feeler system, it too needs to know the head height so yet another Tee is inserted. This means the position of the throat is conveyed to the combine itself as before and also to the Ag Leader system and the Headsight steering system.

By Teeing in at that location you are intercepting the output voltage based on the head height before it gets on the CAN bus.

Years ago a friend and I built a homemade switch to start/stop his Calc-N-Acre that he used to record acres for custom combining. It consisted of a momentary Normally Open push button switch mounted in a barn door hinge. The hinge was the style that had a rather long tab for mounting to a door. The switch was mounted so the movable portion of the hinge would push against the switch button, The movable portion of the switch was held against the button by a coil spring. The assembly was mounted under the cab. A light chain with an adjustable hook was attached from the tip of the barn door hinge to the feeder house.

The result was with the feeder house down, the hinge was pulled away from the switch, the switch completed the circuit and acres were counted. When the head was raised, the spring would pull the hinge back against the switch and break the circuit so acre counting stopped. It looked a bit crude but worked fine.

Edited by tedbear 4/1/2024 04:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)