AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sell stops hitting stopped rally.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 3/29/2024 13:43 (#10685543 - in reply to #10685080)
Subject: RE: Still need to cover half a year of demand.. about 7 billion bu.

EC SoDak
Perhaps, I’m not sure I’d bank my marketing plan on 150 national yield or whatever it was in 2011 and staying at 90 million acres.

We will see what this spring brings us for weather, but my gut says we printed the low for corn acreage this year. If memory serves, we cut a larger amount of acres than typical. Did it almost all go to secondary crops? I’m not sure to be honest. But I could see if the corn belt has generally decent planting conditions and corn prices pop much due to planting intensions numbers, I could see that corn acreage going up some.

I believe the last time we went from a super El Niño to La Niña was 2019 into 2020. If we have a similar 2020 weather pattern in my area, that could be interesting because we had a good crop, but it lived on 2019s sub moisture. That year, we planted into great conditions, but didn’t get much rain through early July, then it cut off early July and was the start of my current multi year drought. I will not be going into 2024 with anywhere near the sub moisture I did in 2020. So if 24 is similar to 20, it’ll be another rough year. But nothing says it has to be anything near a carbon copy either. So who knows? Lol. I kept my insurance levels up and added ECO, just in case.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)