AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

working through lunch breaks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Waterlooiowa
Posted 3/30/2024 09:57 (#10686450)
Subject: working through lunch breaks

Several posts have made comments about union employees always going on break.When I worked we had a midmorning 15 minute break,a 1/2 hour at either 11 or noon that was not paid for and 10 minutes in the afternoon.
I had a job once handling parts for building and machine maintenance,and heard complaints from truckers for not unloading them the second they pulled up.One day we had a machine broke down and were told to keep an eye out for the needed part,it showed up just as the afternoon break started but I got a hold of the maintenance supervisor and had it picked up within 10 minutes. As I walked 30 feet to the pop machine the buzzer went off and my supervisor came out of the bathroom and threatened to suspend me for not being in my area.

Different times I tried to get them to stagger our schedule with half working the regular schedule and the other half off set 30 minutes one way or the other but it fell on deaf ears.If you work through the lunch hour once the truckers all show up at noon from then on

We used to get 100 boxes a day from UPS,,they always showed up at break time and just threw the boxes in a pile then left. it happened every day but if we worked through break to help we could not get a few minutes for a break later,,,,,sometimes you need to pee more than once a day

Edited by Waterlooiowa 3/30/2024 09:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)