AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting A-B lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Redrunner02
Posted 3/31/2024 09:13 (#10687585 - in reply to #10687031)
Subject: RE: Starting A-B lines

Right or wrong this is what I do. I set my A-B line while making my first pass along the fence. I’ll have my marker down. Now while making your second pass along the fence you have to pay attention to your monitor. Depending on your display, usually there is a light bar of some sorts on top, and in the middle it will tell you how many inches off the line you are(Cross Track Error). You need to find the point where you will be leaving the biggest gap, and shift your line accordingly.

Example: You set your AB line while making the first pass with the fence to your left. Set A on one side of the field, set B on the other. Now when you get to where you are making your second set of endrows along that fence (let’s say the fence and 1st planter pass are to your right) you pay attention to the light bar and the cross track error reading. So while driving that second pass if lets say the biggest cross track error TO THE LEFT was 4 feet. You need to shift your line 4 feet to the right or else you will leave a 4 foot gap somewhere along your first pass with auto steer. May want to post what display you have so someone can help with how to do that properly.

Be aware that on all displays that I’m familiar with, if you move the line with the nudge arrows your line will reset when you power down the display. So even if you have RTK your line would move back to the original AB line, and you will be thinking there was some drift. I learned that the hard way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)