AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heads up: land grab?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nickeischeid
Posted 4/1/2024 20:40 (#10689854 - in reply to #10689409)
Subject: RE: Heads up: land grab?

North central TX
clevepreach - 4/1/2024 14:51

Got a phone call this morning from a female caller. Her English was okay but her accent was so thick I could barely understand her. Never did figure out the name of the company she was representing but what she wanted to know was if I was willing to sell my "unoccupied" property in Prentiss County. I guess she thought that since I am listed as the owner but don't live there that the property is "unoccupied." However, it's not "unoccupied." My mother still lives there, just as she has since 1965. I informed her that the property is not, and never will be during my lifetime, for sale.

As stated earlier, I never did figure out who she was representing but it seemed that it was most likely a foreign entity. I only have about 50 acres there and have no idea what they want to do with it. If I get another such call and can understand the caller a bit better I will try to get more information.

I work with a guy that was buying and selling residential property during the heat of the bubble during and after covid. (his side hustle disappeared as soon as interest rates moved up). He hired some women from the Phillipines to do the cold calls for him. If they had a hit, they would f'wd the info to him and he'd broker the deal. He paid them like a couple hundred a week and they were as loyal and hard working as you could ever dream of according to him.

I personally get 5+ letters a month offering me 1/3 of going value and they push it like they're doing me a favor. I refuse to answer a number I don't know unless I'm expecting a call. So it's hard to say how many of the dozen plus a week spam calls I get are people trying to steal my land.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)