AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Closed cell foam in a can?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

scott312
Posted 4/2/2024 07:46 (#10690309 - in reply to #10689793)
Subject: RE: Closed cell foam in a can?

Iowa
junk fun - 4/1/2024 20:02

As far as I know, great stuff and fill and seal or others are closed cell, is that wrong? If you want them to be higher density, let some of the gas out first, then apply with the can cold. Either use low expanding window type, or fill part of it, allow to cure, then fill the rest of the height still leaving room to expand.

But foam would be a last resort, if at all possible, I'd get access from a side, and pour it full of flowable grout. Get the grout worked in, then add some weight to the shower over a flexible plywood sheet to keep it from lifting up, add a little more grout around the edges. Seal the crack, don't drill it.

I don't think so as they do not seem water proof to me but I also can't find anywhere that states clearly whether they are open or closed cell. I don't know why they don't clearly state this. They do make a pond and stone that they advertise as water resistant, I am wondering if that is a closed cell?

I agree that your proposed method is the better way to do it. The problem is that the only way I'm going to get access to bottom of this base is by tearing the whole thing out and I'm not real excited about that as it means removing the walls, patching sheetrock, repainting etc. This base came with a Styrofoam sheet underneath for support rather than pouring concrete. It has about a 6 inch square gap in the sheet where the drain goes through. I should have supported that spot when I put this in but I didn't think itb was needed. That is where this tiny crack is starting. I think I can take the drain cover off and drill holes inside the edge under that cover and blow this full of foam to hopefully stop the crack before it becomes a real issue. Maybe I'm just putting off the inevitable here?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)