AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any baseball bat experts on here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

EarlJay
Posted 4/3/2024 13:04 (#10692191 - in reply to #10690711)
Subject: RE: Any baseball bat experts on here?

Southern Ohio
Not sure that I'm an expert but played college ball and coach now and have been involved with baseball practically every year of my life. Unless things with warranties have changed in recent years, I felt like when a person buys a bat, they're buying two bats. You almost want that first one to break within the first year so you can get the second warranty bat. That may sound "bad" but it was the truth and most bats didn't seem to last a year anyway (at least with adults/young adults using them). Also, going back 10+ years ago when most switched from BESR certified to BBCOR certified, the bats are much "deader" now so I'm not real impressed with any bats anymore and would stick with one piece for the potential longevity because I have seen my share of two piece bats break. But to answer your question, I would not come close to considering trying to fix it. Get that warranty going.

Also, maybe an unpopular opinion and maybe off topic (this is not directed at the OP at all), but I see tons of parents spending hundreds and hundreds on bats for 11 year old Timmy who can't make contact, but Timmy is also using a $40 junk glove that might as well be a skillet in his hands. A good glove pays way more dividends than an expensive bat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)