AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using RTK lines for a different width - Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TJWeber
Posted 4/3/2024 09:50 (#10691914 - in reply to #10691014)
Subject: RE: Using RTK lines for a different width - Ag Leader

WC MN
Expensive Hobby - 4/2/2024 16:30

I use a Kinze split row planter and I don't have the even row kit, so I'm 15" narrower planting beans than planting corn.

This will by my second year using RTK. I have not set up boundary lines. What I'd like to know is if I can load last year's straight lines, shift them over 7.5", and use the narrower width to plant 2 rows of beans evenly between last year's corn rows. My main question is - does it only pull in the original A point and B point and then figure everything else from there (like the different width), or if you load old lines does it load all the lines in the field and you can only use them if you are the same width as you were when you made them?

I'm not as concerned with the endrows - I used smartpath for those last year, so I'll just steer on the outside pass and use smartpath again this year. I may set up field boundaries one of these days, but it won't be before planting time this year.

Thanks

Load up your screen with the new implement, pull up the old guidance line, ag leader will do an adjustment, then shift it over 7-8 inches. Its pretty darn simple once you get into the screens and see it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)