AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snake , it's whats for dinner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 4/4/2024 10:44 (#10693377 - in reply to #10693252)
Subject: RE: Snake , it's whats for dinner

How are they measuring the efficiency of food consumed to meat produced. Snakes are not grazing animals that consume vegetation, they consume other animals and insects that are lower in the food chain that consume the vegetation. The entire food supply from vegetation to meat is likely quite a bit closer in efficiency than they make it out to be.

I am sure that there is lots of money to be made by companies that attempt to bypass the natural process of animals turning vegetation into imitation meat which can then be fed to pythons. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to find out that it is companies that currently make the fake meat that are pushing it as their products have for the most part been unable to catch on with humans. Pythons that can be forced to eat it or starve will be a viable target of their products. That is if they have an easier time convincing us to eat snakes than the fake meat itself.

At any rate, the deciding factor for me will be if the wealthy people who push this choose to eat it instead of ordering things like Wagyu beef. I have a strong suspicion of what they will be ordering and I highly doubt it will be what they are pushing for the rest of us to eat.

Edited by havin’funfarming 4/4/2024 12:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)