AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat 765 B hydraulic issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/19/2024 13:21 (#10712803 - in reply to #10712801)
Subject: RE: Cat 765 B hydraulic issue

Jeffersonville, OH
36 Oliver - 4/19/2024 14:14

I have cat 765 b on a white 9824 planter on the 20-20 monitor I get a code for low hydraulic flow for the down force . My planter guy suggested putting 2 outlets to run the down force. I am already short 1 outlet.
Is there a power beyond on the cat tractor has anyone run into this problem
I have a pto pump could I tap into that TIA

Downforce on a 24 row should only require 6GPM, plus 3-4GPM if you have an alternator. A single outlet should handle that fine on a 765B, unless the pump is physically out of oil from other functions already. What is the flow rate set for on that valve? Those valves should handle 25-26GPM from each coupler if you have the flow available.

There should be a Power Beyond on that tractor, though I am not super well versed on the Tracked series, less so on the early ones. I think they all had the capability, but maybe not all had the couplers installed? If it's an oil flow issue, that won't help though.

Also, if your PTO pump is a gear pump, open center style system, I would recommend AGAINST running DeltaForce from it. You need 2250psi or more for proper DeltaForce operation, and most PTO Gear Pumps will NOT maintain that pressure for very long.

If you don't know what your pump capacity is, I can check that for you with the serial number of your tractor.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)