AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere planter Agleader downforce monitoring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/20/2024 10:16 (#10713267 - in reply to #10712902)
Subject: RE: John Deere planter Agleader downforce monitoring

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
CM84 - 4/19/2024 17:18

I have a John Deere 1720 12 row stacker planter. I am installing a used Agleader system to only monitor downforce using an Integra. I would like to only monitor rows 2,6,&11 that way I have one on each section. When loading a configuration it on gives me the options of 1 or 2 channels and 2 or 4 sensors per channel and the rows used are preassigned. In the lower right corner there is a calculator and unassign button but they do not let me select those buttons. Even if I select the line with the sensor and make it blue. It will not let me use the buttons to make changes. Is it possible to only run 3 on the rows I want?

I am doing something similia but not exactly the same. I am using a used Ag Leader ISO module with a Deere 1770NT. This has worked properly for us in the past. I don't know that our modules are the same. I believe mine is an 8 channel. I am using it with 6 weigh bar sensors (could have 8) for down force monitoring only. I have two weigh bars on each wing and two on the main frame.

From your description it sounds like your unit is a two channel with 2 or 4 sensors per channel for a maximum grand total of 8 sensors. If I understand that correctly you could have as few as 1 sensor (1 channel with one sensor) 2 sensors, 4 sensors or 8 sensors but you desire to have 3. It seems that combination is not supported but I'm not certain. If you were using the module for down force control you would have the option of one or two channels for control. Since you are only monitoring the down force that is not a concern for you.

Due to the weather and calendar, we have only planted one field so far. My great nephew ran the planter and said that the down force was giving him an error message indicating the the weigh bar on row 23 was not within tolerance. There was some confusion as to the setup which may have been incorrect. I downloaded some documentation from the Ag Leader website but don't know if what I printed out is for my unit or not.

It appeared that he should have been able to have the system "overlook" that troublesome weigh bar. He wanted to finish the field so he just planted on and disregarded the error message. Our issue is still unresolved.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)