AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time to rock and roll on corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 4/21/2024 11:05 (#10714492 - in reply to #10714249)
Subject: RE: Time to rock and roll on corn

nc ks
tmrand - 4/21/2024 04:28

I look at this site as a marketing club. We all have grain/livestock marketing in common..........so it brings us to this forum.

As long as we don't get ridiculously off base............I don't care if 80% isn't strict marketing posts. Heck..........even the techy type ones are often wrong. It'd be extremely boring if that's all that happened here.

Yes, there would be no 'liquidity' to attract participants to the forum if it was all technicals. On the fundemental side.....where does fundemental info start and stop? Pretty broad range. I do think a lot of our corn and wheat is burning up posts and the planter is rolling pics would technically be better posted on crop talk and probably be better received as the talking position element would be removed.

There also is no great forum fit for general business management discussion, so that also ends up on the marketing forum. The two are often entertwined as we often market and run our business at the same desk and those tasks are intertwined. Then you add in the fsa and navigating politics as they pertain to the farm, it all kind of fits together.

The name of the forum might actually need to be 'marketing and business'?

One thing that really stinks up the forum is the guys that get kicked off and then keep coming back. That is a character flaw and it ends up polluting the discussion. Guys that get kicked off and come back under another name often are the ones that try to say what can and can't be discussed here. Just go away and discuss it elsewhere please.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)